Search found 9520 matches

by Commander McLane
Sun Jun 01, 2014 12:34 pm
Forum: Fiction
Topic: Elite : Reclamation (Novel)
Replies: 438
Views: 93919

Re: Elite : Reclamation (Novel)

Wohoo! I just received my ebook from Fantastic Books. Great! :D Congratulations, Drew, for going through with this, and finishing marvelously! I thoroughly enjoyed following you on this exciting ride, I'm happy for you, and—last but not least—I wish you many, many, many readers for Elite: Reclamatio...
by Commander McLane
Mon May 05, 2014 9:09 pm
Forum: Porting to other platforms
Topic: Open Pandora Oolite
Replies: 36
Views: 23786

Re: Open Pandora Oolite

Cody wrote:<sheds a solitary tear for 1.78>
<adds another tear for 1.66, just for completeness' sake> :wink:
by Commander McLane
Thu Apr 10, 2014 8:57 am
Forum: Expansion Pack
Topic: [RELEASE] OMGLaser OXP v0.4.0.2
Replies: 8
Views: 3243

Re: [RELEASE] OMGLaser OXP v0.4.0.2

Commander Wilmot wrote:Quite. Not like there was a link in the wiki entry suggesting that killit missiles might be complementary with this weapon anything. :)
Ah! I wasn't aware, because the Wiki was down yesterday when I posted this. In fact, klicking on my own link was how I found out that it was down.
by Commander McLane
Wed Apr 09, 2014 7:59 pm
Forum: Discussion
Topic: Wiki down
Replies: 9
Views: 2441

Wiki down

The Elite Wiki seems to be down. Does anybody have more information?
by Commander McLane
Wed Apr 09, 2014 7:52 pm
Forum: Expansion Pack
Topic: [RELEASE] OMGLaser OXP v0.4.0.2
Replies: 8
Views: 3243

Re: [RELEASE] OMGLaser OXP v0.4.0.2

Norby wrote:Yes, in this way: ship.explode(); ;)

Technically this oxp is a joke which was born because it was so simple to made. A good background story for this weapon need more effort than the whole code. :)
[EliteWiki] Sounds familiar. :wink:
by Commander McLane
Tue Apr 08, 2014 11:34 am
Forum: Outworld
Topic: Re: Elite: Dangerous - and the return
Replies: 2075
Views: 407826

Re: David Braben's Elite: Dangerous

It's touching to see the Flying Dutchman getting some love. :D
by Commander McLane
Tue Apr 08, 2014 10:33 am
Forum: Discussion
Topic: Progress
Replies: 2017
Views: 453623

Re: Progress

… whilst we're talking about planets and the ASC can we not add extra spawned planets to the ASC? I know there's an OXP that does this but I think this should be part of the core game as well, I'm not so sure about this, because the core game doesn't have extra spawned planets, and I'm not too keen...
by Commander McLane
Tue Apr 08, 2014 10:12 am
Forum: Outworld
Topic: Quote of the week!
Replies: 606
Views: 203561

Re: Quote of the week!

Former US President George W Bush, who has said he is admittedly "not a great painter", will open a public exhibit of his works on Saturday. What can I say! Perhaps something along the lines of: "What a coincidence! He isn't a great president, either. The public exhibit of that can still be seen al...
by Commander McLane
Sat Mar 15, 2014 8:52 pm
Forum: Discussion
Topic: The furry animnals
Replies: 21
Views: 4415

Re: The furry animnals

Ranthe wrote:
SirArian wrote:Everyone is talking about eating them... Does that mean they turn into food? :wink: :D
Now there's a thought - a possible modification of the Ship's Cat OXP to deal with trumbles? :twisted:
Nope. Trumbles cannot be removed by script/OXP (and that's deliberately so).
by Commander McLane
Thu Mar 13, 2014 10:10 am
Forum: Outworld
Topic: Re: Elite: Dangerous - and the return
Replies: 2075
Views: 407826

Re: David Braben's Elite: Dangerous

Is it just me or is there influence from Griff's Coriolis in the Frontier's station exterior design? My first thought was that Griff's actually looks better I wouldn't necessarily assume a direct influence. If you take the Elite Coriolis, stick with the basic shape, and ramp it up by putting lights...
by Commander McLane
Fri Mar 07, 2014 9:27 am
Forum: Expansion Pack
Topic: [RELEASE] SKS Plasma Mark I
Replies: 9
Views: 2273

Re: [RELEASE] SKS Plasma Mark I

SirArian wrote:How are those?
I think "rather dark" is an apt summary. :mrgreen:

I also think I'm gonna pass on this one. For me Oolite is a visual game. Making things only barely visible kind of defeats the purpose. (Personal opinion only.)
by Commander McLane
Fri Mar 07, 2014 9:16 am
Forum: Outworld
Topic: LoonILite
Replies: 6
Views: 4557

Re: I'll try this again

I think Oolite and the people involved with it is the solution....tell me I am right! I think you're wrong, and for more than one reason. The challenge invites game designers to envision an interactive experience that encourages space exploration and at the same time captures comprehensive real-wor...
by Commander McLane
Wed Feb 26, 2014 9:01 pm
Forum: Expansion Pack
Topic: Tinkerer's Workshop - OXP tweaking for fun and profit!
Replies: 233
Views: 132473

Re: Tinkerer's Workshop - OXP tweaking for fun and profit!

1) Stop the navy offering amnesties every ten or so jumps Amnesty offers aren't made after a certain amount of jumps, but in certain systems (and in those systems only). To be precise: the offer is made in 5% of all Anarchy systems and 2% of all non-Anarchy systems (2% of all non-Anarchy systems me...
by Commander McLane
Tue Feb 25, 2014 1:53 pm
Forum: Discussion
Topic: No ships for purchase
Replies: 3
Views: 1349

Re: No ships for purchase

Hi, SARR, and first of all welcome to The Friendliest Boards This Side Of Riedquat™! :D There is a slow turnover in the shipyards, and it is possible to have an empty shipyard. In this case I'd suggest you fly around a little, visit some other high TL systems, and when you come back to Ensorus in a ...
by Commander McLane
Sun Feb 23, 2014 8:24 pm
Forum: Oolite-PC
Topic: SOLVED Docking Station does not appear.
Replies: 8
Views: 6403

Re: Docking Station does not appear.

You're welcome! :D

And you can precede the topic title with a "[Solved] " by editing the subject line in your original post, if you like. Then everybody knows that you're happy now.