Oolite test release 1.71

Discussion and announcements regarding the Mac port… er, original version of Oolite.

Moderators: winston, another_commander

Commander McLane
Intergalactic Spam Assassin

Post by Commander McLane » Mon Apr 21, 2008 6:31 am

Downloaded and successfully updated. Thanks a lot! :D

Used the updater. One thing: When I "⌘-I" Oolite.app in the finder, the infobox still says "Oolite version 1.70. Copyright 2003-2007..."

Oh: Good to have you back, Ahruman! And on top of that with such great news. :D :D :D

JensAyton
Grand Admiral Emeritus
Grand Admiral Emeritus

Post by JensAyton » Mon Apr 21, 2008 10:38 am

Commander McLane wrote:Used the updater. One thing: When I "⌘-I" Oolite.app in the finder, the infobox still says "Oolite version 1.70. Copyright 2003-2007..."
I believe this is a caching issue in the Finder. The relevant information is changed by the updater, and I’ve verified that with every release the updater can be applied to.

Commander McLane

Post by Commander McLane » Mon Apr 21, 2008 10:51 am

Ahruman wrote:
Commander McLane wrote:Used the updater. One thing: When I "⌘-I" Oolite.app in the finder, the infobox still says "Oolite version 1.70. Copyright 2003-2007..."
I believe this is a caching issue in the Finder. The relevant information is changed by the updater, and I’ve verified that with every release the updater can be applied to.
Ah, indeed. After a restart (had installed some other updates as well) the info is now correct. :)

JensAyton
Grand Admiral Emeritus
Grand Admiral Emeritus

Post by JensAyton » Mon Apr 21, 2008 9:09 pm

The Debug OXP for Oolite 1.71 is now available from the wiki. Now with spiffy (undocumented) inspector windows.