Great !!! And I extend my thanks once again to Capt Murphy for spotting this issue and scoring a perfect hit with his hint.
...and the Omega is still looking like a snowman with a bad attitude since I haven't (yet) edited the neoCaddy shipdata.plist...
Well... if you DO bother to fix the remaining 'abominable' snowman, you'll soon find that:
1. its turrets are prone to silently evaporate, one by one, after fierce fights...
2. its turrets fire slower (and with less accuracy) than the DR's ones...
3. its periodic Maintenance Overhaul costs can easily be more than twice the DR's ones...
4. various of its other specs are generally inferior to DR's ones (as described in the first post in this thread).
I'm sure you'll find these at the same hideous place I found mine.
And when you do, I'd have a couple of starting suggestions for the Commander of his brand-new Dark Rainbow:
- IIRC there's a quirk in the plist files which I didn't bother to properly fix - the DR should come pre-fitted with Military Lasers
fore and aft, but it actually doesn't, so you'd need to actually buy those.
- and to really witness in-your-face the reason why the beast has got this strange name
, try this nifty little trick:
whenever you're facing a single opponent (or more if you prefer... ), instead of trying to clobber it with laser fire, just fire a single, short burst at the unsuspecting ship, so that it can just turn mad at you; then maneuver as required, in order to keep your target always closer than 6 km, and also always at about half-an-inch from either of the top corners of your screen...
Cheers, and enjoy your ride!