Oolite Bulletins

For information and discussion about Oolite.
It is currently Mon Nov 20, 2017 6:44 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2016 4:02 pm 
Competent
Competent

Hi - Is anyone else having issues with parcel reputation being affected if you fail to deliver parcels that you salvage? The OXP says it shouldn't be affected.

I was thinking about reinstalling the OXP to see if it was a problem with the install rather than a bug in the program. Probably use a saved version of my Commander than use the live version so I can experiment a bit.

I really miss using the OXP, its great fun and adds another dimension to the games dynamics.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2017 1:00 am 
Poor
Poor

Hello Norby,

Love the OXP!

One thing though: I notice its possible for the Constructor (from the Constructor Hunt mission) to be derelict and mined. Towing it in to a station (like I did first time) doesn't trigger the conditions for the Navy recognising that it has been destroyed.

Also it seems to be possible to mine a ship multiple times. I have some screenshots (no saved games alas) of a ship with "mined mined derelict" title (Which I think was because I detatched and reattached and restarted mining), and you can have multiple copies of the same package (I do have screenshots of that) - which maybe because I started and stopped mining several times.

Apart from that though, itowbar is a very good addition to Oolite. Thank you!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2017 8:33 am 
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Location: Budapest, Hungary (Mainly Agricultural Democracy, TL10)
Thank you Typhoon for the report, I always love to hear feedbacks. :)
I added your observation into my list. There are many small things as you can read above what I should fix before the next release. Fortunately nothing serious which also mean unfortunately that nothing urgent so I can not forecast when will I go through the long this.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 5:40 pm 
Dangerous
Dangerous

I have a problem with Towbar: my Laser Reductor only works directly after being bought. When I load a game, it does not work. I need to sell the Laser Reductor, then rebuy it, and it works until I load a game the next time. I have quite a few OXPs installed, and I suspect some incompatibility with one of the other OXPs, but I have no idea which one it could be.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 6:21 pm 
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Quote:
Laser Reductor only works directly after being bought. When I load a game, it does not work.
Please prime and activate Towbar, then tell which message is appear about the status of the reductor. If it is just "off" then press again to turn it on and test whether it is working. if not then please tell me more about what you mean under not working.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 4:04 pm 
Dangerous
Dangerous

Sorry I should have been more precise.

At all times, when I prime Towbar and activate it, it seems to work as expected ("No ship on towbar, Laser Reductor is ON/OFF").

However, it does not trigger whenever I shoot at a ship. My laser always destroys it.

After I sell the Laser Reductor, rebuy it, leave the station and shoot a victim, chance is quite high the laser reductor works and the ship enters derelict state. That's what I would expect at all times.

When I save the game, load it again, leave the station and shoot a victim, the laser reductor does not trigger again.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 12:03 pm 
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Please try to change the $TowbarDebug variable to true in Scripts/towbar.js, this will place many derelict ships before the station so you can test easily. If reductor is working then you should hear a different hit sound and after 10 hits (a second long salvo with beam or military laser) should display "Laser Reductor disabled for this ship". At least this happen at me after load game also.

I can not imagine any oxp incompatibility but if still happen in this situation also at you then please send the Latest.log of your test here. Before the test please install LogEvents in the Miscellaneous category to log the amount of caused damages so we will surely know if reductor is working or not.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 10:04 pm 
Competent
Competent

Hi - I tried reloading this Ship Miner, but still have the issue I encountered a while back.

It is whenever the game is saved, the collected parcel is duplicated.

So
Deliver Cemate's haversack (34. find) from Onisque to Learorce within 11 days... after a quick save becomes

Deliver Cemate's haversack (34. find) from Onisque to Learorce within 11 days...
Deliver Cemate's haversack (34. find) from Onisque to Learorce within 11 days...