Oolite Bulletins

For information and discussion about Oolite.
It is currently Sun Sep 23, 2018 10:23 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2015 10:00 am 
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Location: Budapest, Hungary (Mainly Agricultural Democracy, TL10)
To fix this I suggest the following into the 83. line of docking_fee.js.
Code:
fee = Math.round(fee*10)/10;

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2015 11:33 am 
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Quote:
I've just installed HDBG and Docking Fees.
Is it normal to have a docking fee like
7.899999999999999C ?
At every port I get *. to 15 places? docking fee.
It is very not normal and even a tad eccentric. I've never installed HDBG until now; that's Norby's creation.

Can I get a bit more info? List of other relevant OXP's especially station-related ones? I see nothing in HDBG that would interfere with the docking fee script.

To check on this I just did a cursory test of both HDBG and Docking Fees together in both 1.80 and 1.82, and the fees calculate out at normal range for me, exactly half the system tech level for a normal GalCop station, sometimes higher if the station is an unusual one that requires a bribe (like commie or dictator stations). I am not seeing this error and I need more information about relevant oxps you might have. I presume you're using the latest Docking Fees via download manager, right? Not the depreciated early version linked from this thread?
Quote:
To fix this I suggest the following into the 83. line of docking_fee.js.
Code:
fee = Math.round(fee*10)/10;
I'd rather not tinker the code any more until I know I absolutely have to; if there's another cause I want to find out about it first. (Side note, having looked at HDBG for the first time I noticed one of the pictures has a really bright yellow sun that's right behind the yellow-colored arrival report text, and the 'glare' makes a patch of text hard to read.)

Please let me know what you can, Alex, especially if you have station-related OXP's.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2015 3:34 am 
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Quote:
Quote:
I've just installed HDBG and Docking Fees.
Is it normal to have a docking fee like
7.899999999999999C ?
At every port I get *. to 15 places? docking fee.
It is very not normal and even a tad eccentric. I've never installed HDBG until now; that's Norby's creation.
Oh I never said it was a problem, I like it and will be keeping it, maybe I'm a tad 'eccentric' Though never really been rich enough for eccentric just plain mad in my family.

If you do not see "Press Space" more often than you want.. Your not trying!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2015 11:10 am 
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Quote:
Oh I never said it was a problem, I like it and will be keeping it, maybe I'm a tad 'eccentric' Though never really been rich enough for eccentric just plain mad in my family.
Well, ok, but my point was that that math error isn't supposed to be happening, and the only time I ever had the same problem was during early testing of the OXP when it was sometimes reading multiple roles for the same station (usually those blasted Commie Astromines) and calculating out station fees more than once, and getting those sorts of rounding errors. In normal use, no fraction of a station fee should ever work out to less than half a credit on the nose. But without knowing if you've got another OXP in play, or if you're using the old version of the mod, or have more than one copy of it installed (say, the OXP and the OXZ at the same time), I can't be sure what's going on there. Thanks for the feedback, though!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2018 4:02 am 
Harmless
Harmless

Does not work with a "Bank of the Black Monks" though it is in the code
Code:
"dockfee_monks" = ("The hushed cloisters of the Black Monks are somewhat intimidating; an air of foreboding hangs over you as you finish scanning your ship's registry and disembark."); 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2018 8:38 pm 
Commodore
Commodore

Location: [p]laying [h]ard and [k]icking [b]utt somewhere in G7...
Layne has kindly allowed me to take over as maintainer for this OXP, and a new version (1.6.2) should now be available from the download manager. Apart from fixing the Black Monks issue, it also adds a docking message for the Tionisla Orbital Graveyard station, and also prevents any more instances of the "4.2999999999" fees amounts from being deducted.