Xenon UI OXP

Discussion and information relevant to creating special missions, new ships, skins etc.

Moderators: winston, another_commander

User avatar
Wildeblood
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----
Posts: 2161
Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2011 6:07 am
Location: Western Australia
Contact:

Fraction rage

Post by Wildeblood » Mon Aug 17, 2015 7:28 am

phkb wrote:16:10 and 16:9
Norby wrote:16:10
Allow me to introduce y'all to the new social phenomenon of FRACTION RAGE!!!!!!!

THERE AIN' NO SUCH THING AS 16:10!!!!!!
16/10 = 8/5!!!
GET IT RIGHT!
I feel so strongly about this that I've written about it on my blog and created a hashtag: #FractionRage

Normal discussion may now continue.

User avatar
Smivs
Retired Assassin
Retired Assassin
Posts: 8408
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 11:31 am
Location: Disunited Kingdom
Contact:

Re: Fraction rage

Post by Smivs » Mon Aug 17, 2015 8:05 am

Wildeblood wrote: Allow me to introduce y'all to the new social phenomenon of FRACTION RAGE!!!!!!!

THERE AIN' NO SUCH THING AS 16:10!!!!!!
16/10 = 8/5!!!
GET IT RIGHT!
I feel so strongly about this that I've written about it on my blog and created a hashtag: #FractionRage

Normal discussion may now continue.
Well normally I'd discuss the fact that aspect ratios are completely different to fractions, but......
Commander Smivs, the friendliest Gourd this side of Riedquat.

User avatar
Day
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----
Posts: 518
Joined: Tue Mar 03, 2015 11:35 am
Location: Paris

Re: Xenon UI OXP

Post by Day » Mon Aug 17, 2015 8:14 am

They are two different ways to describe the same equivalence class:
https://www.wikiwand.com/en/Equivalence_class

:-p

User avatar
phkb
Commodore
Commodore
Posts: 2413
Joined: Tue Jan 21, 2014 10:37 pm
Location: [p]laying [h]ard and [k]icking [b]utt somewhere in G7...

Re: Xenon UI OXP

Post by phkb » Mon Aug 17, 2015 8:29 am

You certainly have your work cut out for you... https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/16:10

User avatar
Wildeblood
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----
Posts: 2161
Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2011 6:07 am
Location: Western Australia
Contact:

Ratio rage

Post by Wildeblood » Mon Aug 17, 2015 9:28 am

Smivs wrote:Well normally I'd discuss the fact that aspect ratios are completely different to fractions, but......
This must be some dialectal usage of "completely different"? :D #AspectRatioRage is too long to be an effective hashtag. But now you've mentioned it, it should be #RatioRage, not #FractionRage, because it is more correct and three characters shorter. Luckily, #FractionRage hasn't caught on yet.
RT if your blood boils when you read 16:10 instead of 8:5.

#RatioRage #YouKnowItMakesSense
There's another reason any mention of "16:10" monitors enrages me, and that's because they are - by a long way - my favourite shape, and they are impossible to buy now. 16:9 displays are "okay" for television, but are next to useless for computers. If I can't have an 8:5 monitor, I'd rather have 5:4 than 16:9.

User avatar
NorthenderPNE
Dangerous
Dangerous
Posts: 114
Joined: Tue Jul 25, 2006 2:32 pm
Location: England

Re: Xenon UI OXP

Post by NorthenderPNE » Thu Dec 17, 2015 9:21 am

@phkb

Excuse me for waking up this thread, but i've only just come back to oolite. Anyway i'm using escort contracts 1.7.1 but when i use the toggle chart screen it's blank apart from the text at the bottom stating location/price and risk info. I haven't a clue how to get it to work. All the other contract screens work with XenonUI, just not the chart screen that shows the planets. At least I got as far as over-riding escort contracts with your cool XenonUI. Any help on resolving it? Please!!! :wink:
Death to all humans!

** Oolite rating - COMPETENT **

User avatar
phkb
Commodore
Commodore
Posts: 2413
Joined: Tue Jan 21, 2014 10:37 pm
Location: [p]laying [h]ard and [k]icking [b]utt somewhere in G7...

Re: Xenon UI OXP

Post by phkb » Thu Dec 17, 2015 10:49 am

I've got a fix for this in the works as well. In the meantime, the quick fix is to open the OXP, edit the "xenonui.js" file, and in the "startUpComplete" section, where there are a bunch of similar lines, add the following:

Code: Select all

	this.$addMissionScreenException("escort-contracts-map");
Save the file, then restart Oolite holding the shift key down until you see the spinning Cobra.
Last edited by phkb on Thu Dec 17, 2015 10:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

Fritz
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----
Posts: 591
Joined: Sun Jul 12, 2015 2:30 pm
Location: Bavaria, Germany
Contact:

Re: Xenon UI OXP

Post by Fritz » Thu Dec 17, 2015 10:51 am

Is there anything I could/should change in Escort Contracts? I'll release a small update in the coming days anyhow.
"You wouldn't kill me just for a few credits, would you?" – "No, I'll do it just for the fun!"

User avatar
NorthenderPNE
Dangerous
Dangerous
Posts: 114
Joined: Tue Jul 25, 2006 2:32 pm
Location: England

Re: Xenon UI OXP

Post by NorthenderPNE » Thu Dec 17, 2015 1:02 pm

phkb wrote:I've got a fix for this in the works as well. In the meantime, the quick fix is to open the OXP, edit the "xenonui.js" file, and in the "startUpComplete" section, where there are a bunch of similar lines, add the following:

Code: Select all

	this.$addMissionScreenException("escort-contracts-map");
Save the file, then restart Oolite holding the shift key down until you see the spinning Cobra.
That didn't work either for me, still same issue.

I used this to get the effects below, which is exactly the same as i had before my original post. In short, it didn't work! :(

//this.$addMissionScreenException("escort-contracts");
this.$addMissionScreenException("escort-contracts-map"); <===== Even without this line the pics below, same outcome.

Image

Map not showing!

Image

Working fine!

I can get map screen working but it's without your UI which is the opposite of what i want. I'd like the above screens working with the map chart and your UI. I hope i'm making sense. :wink:

Image

Working but without UI!
Death to all humans!

** Oolite rating - COMPETENT **

User avatar
phkb
Commodore
Commodore
Posts: 2413
Joined: Tue Jan 21, 2014 10:37 pm
Location: [p]laying [h]ard and [k]icking [b]utt somewhere in G7...

Re: Xenon UI OXP

Post by phkb » Thu Dec 17, 2015 7:01 pm

Hmm. I guess I should test more before posting! I'll have a closer look shortly.

User avatar
NorthenderPNE
Dangerous
Dangerous
Posts: 114
Joined: Tue Jul 25, 2006 2:32 pm
Location: England

Re: Xenon UI OXP

Post by NorthenderPNE » Thu Dec 17, 2015 7:59 pm

phkb wrote:Hmm. I guess I should test more before posting! I'll have a closer look shortly.
Thanks mate, appreciated. :wink:
Death to all humans!

** Oolite rating - COMPETENT **

Fritz
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----
Posts: 591
Joined: Sun Jul 12, 2015 2:30 pm
Location: Bavaria, Germany
Contact:

Re: Xenon UI OXP

Post by Fritz » Thu Dec 17, 2015 9:01 pm

Hm. I just tested it (using the 16:10 default font version), and it works, even without adding the line.

To make both OXP visually matching, the background files in Escort Contracts simply could be removed or (in the case of the map screen) replaced by a different one.

I like it, I think I'll keep it!


But I found a (very little) bug: If I leave the ship specifications screen, the higher central frame remains until switch pages again.
"You wouldn't kill me just for a few credits, would you?" – "No, I'll do it just for the fun!"

User avatar
phkb
Commodore
Commodore
Posts: 2413
Joined: Tue Jan 21, 2014 10:37 pm
Location: [p]laying [h]ard and [k]icking [b]utt somewhere in G7...

Re: Xenon UI OXP

Post by phkb » Thu Dec 17, 2015 9:47 pm

I've got a fix I should be able to release today. I think the current version will work (if unchanged) in that it doesn't interfere at all with the Escort Contracts backgrounds. You should just see the original images. In the new version of Xenon UI it will, by default, keep the original images but by adding one line of code (or actually just uncommenting the line in Xenon UI) it will push the Xenon look and feel onto all escort contract pages, and allowing the charts to be displayed.

I'm at work right now but hopefully I'll get time at lunch to test everything and publish an update.

User avatar
NorthenderPNE
Dangerous
Dangerous
Posts: 114
Joined: Tue Jul 25, 2006 2:32 pm
Location: England

Re: Xenon UI OXP

Post by NorthenderPNE » Thu Dec 17, 2015 10:19 pm

Fritz wrote:But I found a (very little) bug: If I leave the ship specifications screen, the higher central frame remains until switch pages again.
I solved that by swapping out the relevant png file with another. Because i purchased loads of equipment it would overlap the smaller box when docked. Switching solved it but was annoying, solved it permanently now. <==== Ignore this bit, i was using an out of date oxz :wink:
phkb wrote:I've got a fix I should be able to release today. I think the current version will work (if unchanged) in that it doesn't interfere at all with the Escort Contracts backgrounds. You should just see the original images. In the new version of Xenon UI it will, by default, keep the original images but by adding one line of code (or actually just uncommenting the line in Xenon UI) it will push the Xenon look and feel onto all escort contract pages, and allowing the charts to be displayed.

I'm at work right now but hopefully I'll get time at lunch to test everything and publish an update.
Nice one mate can't wait to try it out. :D
Last edited by NorthenderPNE on Fri Dec 18, 2015 10:09 am, edited 2 times in total.
Death to all humans!

** Oolite rating - COMPETENT **

User avatar
phkb
Commodore
Commodore
Posts: 2413
Joined: Tue Jan 21, 2014 10:37 pm
Location: [p]laying [h]ard and [k]icking [b]utt somewhere in G7...

Re: Xenon UI OXP

Post by phkb » Fri Dec 18, 2015 4:28 am

OK, version 1.4.0 of Xenon UI is now available. In this version:
  • Changed new game background to the 'no hud' variant.
  • New title screen image.
  • Added mission screen overlays. Can be disabled by setting "this._disableOverlays = true;" in "xenonui.js".
  • Fixed issue with BGS where the F6 overlay image was being removed.
  • Fixed issue where exiting the Ship Library screen would sometimes show the wrong background.
  • Added mission screen exception for Random Hits.
@NorthenderPNE: Now, to override the background images in Escort Contracts, and keep the Xenon UI look and feel, edit the "xenonui.js" file and remove the comment marks from line 114. Let me know if it doesn't work!

Post Reply