As I had a few too many OXPs around the place, I decided to combine a few (and upgrade them and add a whole bunch of new bits and bobs). So I present to you Armoury OXP.
This meta OXP includes all the content of:
- Captured Thargons.oxp
- Missile Rack.oxp
If you are installing Armoury.oxp and have any of the above also installed, please remove them as Armoury supercedes and updates them for the current version of the game.
Also new in Armoury:
- four new pylon-mounted bombs are made available.
- Buzz bomb - electromagnetic emitter which can cause damage to all ships in scanner range, with more damage to closer ships. Less effective against alien technology.
- Bug bomb - a tuned version of the buzz bomb set up to damage alien craft at the expense of damage to normal ships.
- Stun bomb - tuned to affect ships systems, causing ships to become uncontrollable and be unresponsive for a short period.
- Uni bomb - Tuned to affect quirium-using ships engines, with the effect of overloading them and causing catastrophic failure and usually explosions.
All of the above drain ships energy to achieve their effects, to use with care.
- a piece of equipment located in the cargo bay with a feed-through auto-loader mounted on a ships pylon. This uses the ships cargo to manufacture missiles whilst in-flight. 1 ton of radioactives + 1 ton of alloys plus a little fuel can be used to make 3 standard-grade missiles, whilst adding 1 ton computers to the mix enables ECM-proof missiles to be made (this will be done if suitable cargo is available).
Production can go on as long as suitable raw materials are available, although it is stopped when the ship is not in flight for maintenance crew safety.
Plus many more new weapons that are added to the OXP as I think of them and as we go along - for more details see this thread or the wiki page for the OXP.
- = = Download Armoury.oxp here
= = -
(Anyone who has a beta version of this OXP installed is asked to remove it and replace it with this full release version)