Traffic Redistributer OXZ

Discussion and information relevant to creating special missions, new ships, skins etc.

Moderators: winston, another_commander

Redspear
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Re: Traffic Redistributer

Post by Redspear » Fri Mar 17, 2017 9:06 am

Astrobe wrote: It's also about the size of an Adder, which does have a hyperdrive
The adder is 10m longer than the transporter (I think) which might not sound like much but constitutes nearly a third of the length of the latter.

With 5(6?) times the cargo (approx half that of the much larger mk III) there appears to be 5 times as much empty space in a vessel that's only 75% as big. Whilst by no means impossible such a state of affairs is at least remarkable.

Astrobe wrote:So let's pretend one removes a few seats to fit a hyperdrive and be done with it.
Agreed. Minor scale issues are hardly worth worrying about in the standard game where so many exist already.

Hyperdrive has been added, testing has begun and early results are encouraging.
"With our thoughts, we make the world" :-) - - - Game too slow for you? Masslock Compensators - - - Trouble getting out of trouble? Indestructible Injectors

Redspear
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Re: Traffic Redistributer

Post by Redspear » Sat Mar 18, 2017 6:41 pm

Now available from the download manager.
"With our thoughts, we make the world" :-) - - - Game too slow for you? Masslock Compensators - - - Trouble getting out of trouble? Indestructible Injectors

Redspear
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Re: Traffic Redistributer OXZ

Post by Redspear » Mon Dec 31, 2018 6:06 pm

v 2.0 now available from the in game manager.

Only real difference is that it rations fast (above 0.3LM) traders added by other oxps.
They still appear, just less often.

Lest this appear like oxp bullying, the idea of reducing the frequency of fast traders is the whole purpose of this oxp.
If the player doesn't want that then the player probably shouldn't use this oxp.

Like any oxp, player discretion is advised.