Gnievmir wrote: ↑
Thu Sep 12, 2019 12:05 pm
There are many HUDs in the game repository, but none met my expectations so I created my own.
Since it was created, I would like to share it with other Oolite users. Maybe someone will like it and will want to use it.
The appearance and functions of the HUD are shown on YouTube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t4rl1Nhw3uE
- Targeter (Target Filtering System - TFSys is my Targeter modification.)
This OXP redefines some of the player's ship parameters. If you prefer standard game settings - delete the file "shipdata.plist" from the "Config" directory.
Then, however, you will not be able to use the "Self Repair System" (RepairBots) in ASP (requires 2t of freight space).
Download link (12MB): http://ag.108.pl/pliki/VimanaHUD_v2.oxp.zip
Just a few notes on this one:
There are special warning signs for the following - which flash up on the screen:
- Low altitude, Low energy, Incoming missile, Low shield, High temperatures
There are special warning lights on the console for the following:
- Low Quirium Fuel (ie
not enough for the next destination)
- Maintenance needed
There are extra green equipment lights - which glow red if damaged - for the following:
- Extra Energy Unit
- Fuel Injectors
- Invisible Cloaking Device
- Laser Mount Switching System + Laser Mount Switching System Actuator (I think)
- Shield Cycler
- Self-repair system (with updater for charges being used and those yet unused)
- Anti-missile system updater giving number of unused darts (I think!)
- Lights for either fore/aft shields or
something to do with a telescope (I'll edit this if I ever find out!)
• The extra 2t of freight space and extra 2 missile pylons appear on the Windows-flown spacecraft, not in my AppleMac contraptions.
• It adds in the following goodies to the F3 ship equip listings which seem to be unaffected by the local Technology Level:
- Travel Module
(1,000cr) shows multiple witchspace destinations
- Ship Module
(1,5000cr) shows damage status of ship
- Target Module
(2,5000cr) shows combat information with a nice icon of most of the probable targets
- Vimana Beam Laser
(15,000cr) a cool-running military-style laser with only 25km range
(Target Filtering System: 3,100cr): selects class of target: hostile, police, thargoid, neutral, asteroid etc