After more than a year of hard work I release the latest and probably last incarnation of the Famous Planets series: Famous Planets 2.5.oxp. The amount of work in creating this OXP was a bit to much to be honest. I'm glad it's done. Special Thanks go to Cmdr. Cheyd who managed to make this OXP compatible with future releases of System Redux while maintaining compatibility with current versions of Sys Redux (v.2.5). System Redux is not needed for this OXP to function properly. However it is VERY BIG in size: 630 mb.
That's because I decided to release in one package to make installation easier.
I hope you have fun with it. I'm glad it's released.
Youtube promo vid:
Download Link (update the package is now updated by Lestradae). This update is only for new users. It reduces the download size. to 630 mb. Sorry it couldn't be smaller.
Hi P.A. Groove,
I took out the files that did nothing including the thumbs artifacts, and separated the oxp itself and the additional material into two folders. So if you unzip the folder you get two subfolders inside, one the oxp for plug-and-play and one the materials folder and it says so on the tin.
Also altered the inconsistent version number - sometimes it said "V2.0" and sometimes "V2.5", and as it is supposed to be the latter in one go everything now consistently says 2.5.... and the download size is now "only" 630 MB Wink. So, you can re-publish your baby now Very Happy
The direct download link is here:
Ideas and planets by:
Additional planets by
: Cmd Cheyd, Stromboli, Pangloss, Capt Kev
Planetary descriptions by
: P.A. Groove, Drew Wagar (Galaxy2)
Proof reading by:
Disembodied (Galaxy 1) UK Eliter, Allikat , Drew Wagar (Galaxy2)
Coding/Testing and Compiling
: Thargoid, Cmd Cheyd, Svengali, Lestradae, UK Eliter
Music composed by: P.A. Groove
2. Famous Planets 2.5. features
- Unique planetary textures for more than 89
planets throughout Galaxy 1 and Galaxy 2
- A nice PDF Planet Guide with a screen shot of each planet
- Nearly all planets have HD textures up to 4096 x 2048 Resolution
- Planet descriptions for the F7 screen. Many descriptions are true to the described planets in Drew Wagar's novellas Status Quo and Multabilis. Others are short extracts from the excellent Rough Guide by Disembodied. Further descriptions where contributed by Drew Wagnar, Pangloss, Cmdr. Cheyd and complimented by Alikat and UK-eliter.
- For ten Famous Planets (Lave, Zaonce, Reorte, Tionisla, Tianve, Teraed, Leesti, Isinor, Diso and Lerelace) the OXP provides a theme tune which plays on arrival from witchspace and on launch from the main station (only Galaxy 1)
- Famous Planets Oolite theme song