silly_sad, I don't know why you're upset by the answers you got here either. The poll was started because someone wanted 'prettier' graphics than the standard ones, to sum what others have already said in answer to your 4 points:
(1) it is not good to mix classic and "realistic" skins.
(2) the oolite with a lot of OXPs installed ALREADY too slow.
(3) "realistic" skins are... far away from the entire game schematic. it is like a one leg longer than the rest.
(4) "Elite" culture.
I vote for rollback to plain skins.
_moderate_ upgrade of _ALL_ existing ships in the ooneverse (not adding too much visual garbage).
1) fair enough: if you don't install the oxps that add the 'realistic' skins, you won't get realistic skins.
2) again, there's no real need to add a lot of OXPs, most people decide on how many OXPs are just right for their system & tastes.
3) sure. If you install an oxp with 'improved' skins, it might well look 'wrong'. Possibly just as wrong going to some parts of this planet where you can see donkeys & Ferraris on the same stretch of road, but wrong nonetheless.
4) Nothing against Elite culture here!
Still, there are quite a few things in Oolite that are not considered Elite, but a lot of people find they're really good extensions of the game anyway.
If there's a specific OXP you would like to use, but somehow uses 'wrong' textures & models, the best thing to do is to ask the oxp maker to create a version that uses the standard Oolite ships instead. Or you could even tweak the offending OXP(s) yourself, and maybe offer the results to the community at large!
The whole concept of OXPs is that they're optional, so no-one here is trying to force you to use OXPs you don't like!
PS: the poll was opened by Commander Learner, who actually likes the extra eye candy and wasn't aware that he could get it by using the OXPs mentioned by Thargoid.
Any bb member - including you - can create a poll, on any (civilised) subject they like!