Oolite Bulletins

For information and discussion about Oolite.
It is currently Fri Nov 17, 2017 7:14 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 12:56 am 
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Location: Essex (mainly industrial and occasionally anarchic)
Dear all

Having been inspired by the phrase, 'Proud owner of the most iron-arsed Mk1 Cobbie in G1' (in Jake's post at http://aegidian.org/bb/viewtopic.php?f= ... 5&start=15), I bought a Sidewinder and tried to iron-ass it. The results were surprisingly good - but I wanted more. Hence - and inspired also by the SuperCobra - I created the 'Super-Sidewinder'. It is not an uber-ship, but, while retaining the Sidewinder's small - and so hard to hit - profile, and its manoeuvrability (actually, I've enhanced that a bit), I've added energy (a bit), speed (a moderate amount), a better (quite a lot better) energy refresh rate, and made the ship more upgradeable than the original. Also, I reckon it looks quite scary.

I've posted a test version of the Super-Sidewinder here: https://www.box.com/shared/moreq536ht. It is setup to create some Super-Sidewinder pirates within scanner range when you launch from a station. I've included a save file of one of the ships too. Note that the saved player ship (and, for the most part, the pirates - both the pirates spawned by this test OXP and the pirates that, courtesy of this OXP, one will see occasionally in the normal game) do not have the full iron-ass equipment fitted. Note that if you have the 'NPC shields' OXP installed then pirates will be tougher.

Comments welcome!

PS: I am about to make available via the wiki (http://wiki.alioth.net/index.php/OXP_List) - and via the link just given above - new versions of most of my other OXPs, namely, Fer-de-Lance 3G, Interstellar Tweaks, and Extra Thargoids. The changes are mainly bugfixes and optimisations, with the exception of Interstellar Tweaks which has been revamped to be more interesting.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 1:00 am 
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Right: I've put this OXP on the wiki (http://wiki.alioth.net/index.php/OXP_List; (fairly) direct download: http://www.box.com/shared/moreq536ht).

I've decreased the speed of the ship a bit, changed its appearance a bit, made various other adjustments, and added a military model that my Interstellar Tweaks OXP (once I've released a version above 2.20) will make use of - and which might be encountered even without that OXP installed.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 12:26 pm 
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

UK_Eliter - I look forward to having a look at this over the weekend.

Increase the variety of ships within your Ooniverse by downloading my OXPs

Flying the [wiki]Serpent_Class_Cruiser[/wiki] "Thargoid's Bane"

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 12:47 pm 
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Thanks, Shipbuilder. If you any thoughts about it (price, stats, colour. .), then I'd be interested (although I don't want this OXP to do more than pretty much just provide a ship; I spend enough time on Oolite as it is!). Anyway, hope you like it.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 12:24 am 
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

New version (1.31) available from same address as before. New and (very slightly - see the included readme) improved!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 2:12 pm 
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Quote:
I've put this OXP on the wiki...
I cannot find it on the sortable list or the ships category.

edit: Pardon me, I see it now.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 2:32 pm 
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Quote:
Quote:
I've put this OXP on the wiki...
I cannot find it on the sortable list or the ships category.

edit: Pardon me, I see it now.
CaptSolo, there was indeed a problem with where the OXP was showing up on the OXP list. I think I've fixed it. Thanks for alerting me, and for your interest in the OXP.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 4:21 pm 
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Dear all

A new version of this expansion pack is available for download: This version is compatible with Oolite 1.8 and not compatible with earlier versions of Oolite. There are no (other) substantial changes.

The previous version of the expansion pack - a version that is compatible with Oolite <1.8 - is available via the old OXP list and my usual box.net address.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2014 4:30 am 
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

New version is out. It makes the Super-Sidewinders considerably rarer (in systems) than they were before.