Oolite Bulletins

For information and discussion about Oolite.
It is currently Mon Jul 24, 2017 2:48 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 6:01 pm 
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral

Texebi Interstellar Reference presents: Extracts from the Tre Clan Addresses on Interplanetary Life

Between 2081730 and 2081768 Cooperative Standard Time, the experienced pilot Commander Irina of the Tre Clan returned to Lerequ to fulfil her Third Obligation by discussing the political, economic, social and military aspects of Cooperative space with several young members of the clan considering a career in space, illustrated with a number of stories taken from her fifteen kiloday career as an independent pilot. Transcripts and recordings were taken of these addresses and conversations, for the benefit of future clan members coming of age.

With the gracious permission of Commander Irina and the Elders of the Tre Clan, we are able for the first time to publish extracts from these addresses to a wider audience. Some names and other details have been changed for the safety of third parties.

Download as PDF

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 8:38 am 
Jedi Spam Assassin
Jedi Spam Assassin

Just started reading these ... some good stuff there, Cim, thanks!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 10:04 am 
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

I hafta admit, you have a knack for this stuff, cim! 8) 8)

Most games have some sort of paddling-pool-and-water-wings beginning to ease you in: Oolite takes the rather more Darwinian approach of heaving you straight into the ocean, often with a brick or two in your pockets for luck. ~ Disembodied

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 5:38 pm 
Competent
Competent

I read this last night - excellent work Cim.
I really like the way you've presented it as a series of lecture notes - a clever twist on the story telling and an interesting slant of life in the ooniverse, particularly regarding the passage of time.

Cheers for the great read :)

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 6:39 pm 
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral

Quote:
I really like the way you've presented it as a series of lecture notes
Thanks. It took several attempts to find a style that both worked for the character and worked for my writing ability.