Oolite Windows - Trunk nightly builds

News and discussion of the PC port of Oolite.

Moderators: winston, another_commander

Getafix
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral
Location: A small ice asteroid, orbiting Oresrati in Galaxy 8 (a.k.a. northwest Armorica).

Re: Oolite Windows - Trunk nightly builds

Post by Getafix » Fri Apr 29, 2016 12:58 pm

We are back online with new modem/router and 23% cooler! 8)
"Any sufficiently advanced information is indistinguishable from noise." [Newman, Lachmann, Moore]

Cody
Sharp Shooter Spam Assassin

Post by Cody » Fri Apr 29, 2016 1:18 pm

Excellent - muchas gracias, amigo! Play the guitars!

Getafix
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral
Location: A small ice asteroid, orbiting Oresrati in Galaxy 8 (a.k.a. northwest Armorica).

Post by Getafix » Fri May 13, 2016 5:28 pm

Guys and Gals, I'm bringing down terrastorage for an extensive memory check due to strange behavior... before it's too late.

Apologies for the short notice. I hope it doesn't generate too much trouble as it has been 4 days without new code submissions.

If any code submissions occur today I will interrupt the task to deliver the new nightly tomorrow morning.

EDIT (2016/05/14):
Test completed successfully.
"Any sufficiently advanced information is indistinguishable from noise." [Newman, Lachmann, Moore]

Cody

Post by Cody » Sat May 14, 2016 4:59 pm

Cool!

Diziet Sma
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Diziet Sma » Sun Oct 23, 2016 12:01 pm

Getafix wrote:Responding to the public's need, the Windows nightly service has been extended
to deliver "upgrade" functionality through rsync network protocol. :shock:

In that way, you can update your Oolite-Trunk installation to the latest nightly release,
getting the differences only. 8)

Since rsync is not delivered with Windows, you can try cwRsync client.
(To be honest with the community, I have only tested the service with cwRsync.)

Having installed cwRsync, you can execute the following in a command prompt:

For 64bit Oolite-Trunk Windows installations:

Code: Select all

C:\>"c:\Program Files (x86)\cwRsync\bin\rsync.exe" -rlvz --progress rsync://terrastorage.no-ip.info/oolite-trunk-windows_x64/* /cygdrive/c/Oolite-Trunk/.
For 32bit Oolite-Trunk Windows installations:

C:\>"c:\Program Files (x86)\cwRsync\bin\rsync.exe" -rlvz --progress rsync://terrastorage.no-ip.info/oolite-trunk-windows/* /cygdrive/c/Oolite-Trunk/.
Some hints:
The c:\Program Files (x86)\cwRsync\bin\rsync.exe and /cygdrive/c/Oolite-Trunk/. should be changed according
to your installation paths. For example D:\MyPath\Oolite-Trunk becomes /cygdrive/d/MyPath/Oolite-Trunk/.
If your Oolite-Trunk path contains spaces, do not use quotes.
Getafix wrote:Hint: There is a cwrsync.cmd in the root installation folder of cwrsync.
Edit this and add the following line at the end of the file:

Oolite nightly 64bit

"C:\Program Files (x86)\cwRsync\bin\rsync" -rlvz --progress rsync://terrastorage.dyndns.info/oolite-trunk-windows_x64/* /cygdrive/c/Oolite-Trunk/.
Oolite nightly 32bit

"C:\Program Files (x86)\cwRsync\bin\rsync" -rlvz --progress rsync://terrastorage.dyndns.info/oolite-trunk-windows/* /cygdrive/c/Oolite-Trunk/.
If Windows is 32bit (and you have kept the original cwrsync installation) then you need to change the rsync path removing
the " (x86)" form the path. There is a space before the left parenthesis that needs to be removed too.
This line of code also assumes default installation path for Oolite nightly too... change it as per your needs... keeping the /cygdrive/ of course.

Create a shortcut of cwrsync.cmd wherever is handy for you and you are now one double-click away from rsync-ing getting the latest nightly!
(Cudos to AC for pointing this out!)
Having just set up the 1.85 nightly on my Win7 system, it took some hunting to track down these details.. any chance you could add them to the OP please, another_commander?
Most games have some sort of paddling-pool-and-water-wings beginning to ease you in: Oolite takes the rather more Darwinian approach of heaving you straight into the ocean, often with a brick or two in your pockets for luck. ~ Disembodied

another_commander
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral

Post by another_commander » Sun Oct 23, 2016 12:46 pm

Of course, and it's actually a very good suggestion. First post updated.