I ended up creating not one but two additional oxp's <sigh> (when I go off on a tangent, I can become obtuse )
There's fps_monitor, which I use to mimimize impact by scaling operations based on the PC's current frameate. (25 kB)
https://www.dropbox.com/s/msqb9tdg7fo8 ... .oxz?dl=0
There's also Station Options. Telescope has over 40 user options to play with and I needed simple, accessible interface. With this, I can break up the options by subject into pages (ie. screens) and have over 20 single click options per page, unlimited options/page as it can scroll. It supports 7 types plus an optionless text which I used for the readme, so there's no reason a player has to open the oxz! Clicking on an option opens up its own page and those support scrolling text too. (35 kB)
https://www.dropbox.com/s/zpjhpz38dxpb ... .oxz?dl=0
These are both required oxp's for Telescope.
Anyway, I need some
I believe I have preserved compatibility w/ Rescue Stations, Stealth, Vector, Planetary Compass, Q-charger & TorusToSun (I'm not that familiar with them) but may have missed some. (257 kB)
https://www.dropbox.com/s/swfwx5klha3d ... .oxz?dl=0
The Extender was also updated. (6 kB)
https://www.dropbox.com/s/5zr915xhdk6f ... .oxz?dl=0
This new version is about 35% faster than 1.13 (14% faster than 1.15) but I gave up 8% of the gain over 1.15 to reduce the amount of garbage produced, to lessen the frequency of 'stutter's.
Garbage production was decreased by over 70% vs 1.15 (1.13 & 1.15 have similar rates) causing a stutter once every 2 min vs twice/min.
- direction marker now have emphasis, eg. with heading of 65° ^>, you only knew which quadrant to steer into. Now you'd get 65° ^^> if it mostly up, 65° ^>> if mostly right.
- FarStatus now requires scanner detection before showing offender status; status will be retained until no longer detectable
- the gravity scanner now required for detection through planetary objects (gravity waves travel through planets like neutrinos); detection of beacons (radio waves) & planetary bodies (intergalactic space almanac) is unaffected
(I detect whether line of sight is obscured by a planet, moon or station)
- Telescope now has over 40 options and they are now all available when docked at a station (F4). There you will also find the documentation (readme, quick start, etc.), so there is no need to crack open the oxz!
- the extender now captures cargo pod data for extended detection
- pods must first be detected normally, then are tracked from 0-16 km beyond scanner range (filtering ambient noise & employing backscatter analysis and advanced AI trajectory prediction \_0_/); if contact is lost, it must be re-aquired in normal scanner (errors grow exponentially if data is not constanly updated, so it all gets purged from the telescope's db).
- filtering added for MFD (limit targets displayed based on 16 characteristics) plus an auxilary MFD, with its own filter
eg. miner/bounty hunter may set up one for rocks/criminals, one for defense,navigation
Pilots employing smart HUDs could use these to have a single MFD swap filters based on the situation.
If both MDF filters are identical, the auxilary MFD becomes a continuation of the primary.
- new option: can remove in-flight configuration options, leaving just 4 commands modes (this removes the 6 configuration modes)
- new options: masslock rings can be displayed based on alertCondition, weaponsOnline; restricted to any views
- new options: sniper ring & 3D model ring color can be set to better match your hud
- 3 new options to tailor console messages, that while useful during familiarization, can cause cluttering of console message display