[WIP] GalCop Missions

Discussion and information relevant to creating special missions, new ships, skins etc.

Moderators: another_commander, winston

Milo
Deadly
Deadly

Re: [WIP] GalCop Missions

Post by Milo »

In that case I suggest if possible to recognize also cargo in Towbar scripted cargopods or direct transfer when ship mining. Scripted cargopods have null .commodity and store the type in .$cargo (I am not sure why, perhaps it is used to represent multiple types in a single container stack?). Ship mining transfers directly when there is sufficient hold space in the player ship.

phkb
Commodore
Commodore
Location: [p]laying [h]ard and [k]icking [b]utt somewhere in G7...

Post by phkb »

I haven't used Towbar a lot myself (and really I'm only doing maintenance on it while Norby is mia), but I was a little surprised when I saw the code in it that was gifting multiple t's of cargo during scooping. I understand the reasoning behind it (although I'm less certain I agree with breaking core-game logic to achieve it) but it does create some cross-OXP issues. I'll dive in a little deeper and see what I can do.

Milo
Deadly
Deadly

Post by Milo »

Minor phrase gen issue, "Slave repatriation" (type 84) mission details screen, "we can for rehabilitation" is missing a word. (lines 1800 and 1809 galcopbb_missiondetails.js, the "we can" on 1809 doesn't fit with any of the variations on line 1800; same problem with the "we can" on line 1808)

phkb
Commodore
Commodore
Location: [p]laying [h]ard and [k]icking [b]utt somewhere in G7...

Post by phkb »

Thanks for that. Fix will be in next release.

Milo
Deadly
Deadly

Post by Milo »

With various OXPs that move the sun away, the missions that place a point of interest on the far side of the sun can put them quite far out. I suggest using a multiple of sun diameters past the sun instead of a multiple of distance from sun to witchpoint or planet in the formula to select the location, so it is still on the far side but not too far beyond.