(WIP) Hermitage

Discussion and information relevant to creating special missions, new ships, skins etc.

Moderators: another_commander, winston

phkb
Commodore
Commodore
Location: [p]laying [h]ard and [k]icking [b]utt somewhere in G7...

Re: (WIP) Hermitage

Post by phkb »

More thinking: The other issue you encountered is the impact of buying regular ship equipment. Each time you do, there is a time penalty, simulating how long it would take to install said piece of equipment. But things on a RH are processed on a day-to-day schedule, so if you purchase an expensive piece of equipment, a lot of time can pass, and if multiple days pass, things get processed at the RH for each day.

There's no way I can prevent that time jump, but maybe having a "Welcome" page when you start a scenario (or purchase a RH) to highlight pitfalls like these might be useful.

Prester John
Competent
Competent

Re: (WIP) Hermitage

Post by Prester John »

phkb wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 10:27 pm
More thinking: The other issue you encountered is the impact of buying regular ship equipment. Each time you do, there is a time penalty, simulating how long it would take to install said piece of equipment. But things on a RH are processed on a day-to-day schedule, so if you purchase an expensive piece of equipment, a lot of time can pass, and if multiple days pass, things get processed at the RH for each day.

There's no way I can prevent that time jump, but maybe having a "Welcome" page when you start a scenario (or purchase a RH) to highlight pitfalls like these might be useful.
Do as you can.
I aggree with your idea of : Easy, Normal, Hard and Nightmare Owner options. At least, methinks the Easy and Normal Options would be playable for someone like me, specially the Easy one.
The Explorer/Trader option is working good, for as far as I've tried. You just need big money, a multi-purpose ship witrh minerals, alloys and radioactives to make it. So, no worry from this side. See? Something is working, nonetheless. :P :lol: