Unresolved Issues with the Mac version of Oolite

Discussion and announcements regarding the Mac port… er, original version of Oolite.

Moderators: another_commander, winston

Cholmondely
Wiki Wizard
Wiki Wizard
Location: The Delightful Domains of Her Most Britannic Majesty

Unresolved Issues with the Mac version of Oolite

Post by Cholmondely »

Sound cuts out http://www.aegidian.org/bb/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=17682 & viewtopic.php?f=2&t=19989

Stations demonstrate an occasional urge to spin crazily http://www.aegidian.org/bb/viewtopic.php?t=13480

OXP's for Mac:
The Mac is more of a grammatical purist than Linux/Windows.

The libraries in the Mac used to parse a plist seem to be less tolerant of some things than the GNUStep libraries on Linux:

*lists are enclosed in '(' ')' with items separated by ',' and there must not be a comma after the last item in the list.
*objects are enclosed in '{' '}' and consist of pairs <key> = <value>.
Each key/value pair must have a ';' at the end, even the last pair in the object, and if the object is a value in a key/value pair in another object, it's closing '}' must be followed by a ';'.
Thanks to Dybal for this item!

This will be edited to include future accretions!
Last edited by Cholmondely on Wed Dec 09, 2020 8:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Denizen of the Dark and Dismal Deserts of Digebiti.

Milo wrote Dancing the Gavotte
dybal
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Re: Unresolved Issues with the Mac version of Oolite

Post by dybal »

You might add that I was talking about plists
Cholmondely
Wiki Wizard
Wiki Wizard
Location: The Delightful Domains of Her Most Britannic Majesty

Post by Cholmondely »

dybal wrote: Wed Dec 09, 2020 7:32 pm You might add that I was talking about plists
Oops! Sorry. How should I word it then?
Denizen of the Dark and Dismal Deserts of Digebiti.

Milo wrote Dancing the Gavotte
dybal
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by dybal »

"The libraries in the Mac used to parse a plist seem to be less tolerant of some things than the GNUStep libraries on Linux:"
dybal
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by dybal »

I loaded 400+ OXPs and those are the ones with un-parseable plists:

Code: Select all

[plist.parse.failed]: Failed to parse /Users/dybal/Library/Application Support/Oolite/Managed AddOns/oolite.oxp.tsoj.secretarybird.oxz/Config/shiplibrary.plist as a property list.
[plist.parse.failed]: Failed to parse /Users/dybal/Library/Application Support/Oolite/Managed AddOns/oolite.oxp.tsoj.chrysopelea_mk-i.oxz/Config/shiplibrary.plist as a property list.
[plist.parse.failed]: Failed to parse /Users/dybal/Library/Application Support/Oolite/Managed AddOns/oolite.oxp.tsoj.tec_apep_mk_2.oxz/Config/shiplibrary.plist as a property list.
[plist.parse.failed]: Failed to parse /Users/dybal/Library/Application Support/Oolite/Managed AddOns/oolite.oxp.tsoj.secretarybird.oxz/Config/shiplibrary.plist as a property list.
[plist.parse.failed]: Failed to parse /Users/dybal/Library/Application Support/Oolite/Managed AddOns/oolite.oxp.tsoj.chrysopelea_mk-i.oxz/Config/shiplibrary.plist as a property list.
[plist.parse.failed]: Failed to parse /Users/dybal/Library/Application Support/Oolite/Managed AddOns/oolite.oxp.tsoj.tec_apep_mk_2.oxz/Config/shiplibrary.plist as a property list.