HyperCargo OXP

Discussion and information relevant to creating special missions, new ships, skins etc.

Moderators: winston, another_commander

Nite Owl
Dangerous
Dangerous

Re: HyperCargo OXP

Post by Nite Owl » Wed Jul 17, 2019 8:13 pm

Taka:

Ran into the same problem a while back. The Trader Rating is a function of the Market Observer OXZ. The two OXZ's are incompatible in that the Trader Rating function has no way of reading cargo that is placed into HyperCargo and thus returns with the lost cargo thing lowering your Trader Rating. There is a relatively easy work around but it involves two things: Being able to do a simple edit on a .plist and not being able to ever see your Trader Rating again. If this is okay by you read on.

Open the Market Observer OXZ. Open the config folder. Open the world-scripts.plist in the config folder with your favorite script editor (not Windows Notepad). The second line of text in that world-scripts.plist file should look like this:

Code: Select all

"mo_traders_rating.js",
What you want it to look like is this:

Code: Select all

//"mo_traders_rating.js",
What this does is "comment out" that line of the .plist so that it is not read by the game. You will want to make a backup copy of the world-script.plist before saving it with that line commented out just to be on the safe side of things. The end result is that the mo_traders_rating.js (and your Trader Rating) will not be a functional part of your game anymore but the rest of the Market Observer OXZ will continue to function as it always has.

This game is sometimes an Ooniverse of choices. To me HyperCargo is a much more vital system then the Trader Rating so the sacrifice was made.
Humor is the second most subjective thing on the planet

Brevity is the soul of wit and vulgarity is wit's downfall

Good Night and Good Luck - Read You Soon

Taka
Above Average
Above Average

Post by Taka » Thu Jul 18, 2019 3:52 am

Thank you for your reply. Much appreciated. :)

No, it doesn’t get in the way of game play. It’s just a slight annoyance, really... I don’t like being called a “Loser” even though I make profit on every run and have 400k in the bank. ;)

Taka
Above Average
Above Average

Post by Taka » Thu Jul 18, 2019 4:27 am

Nite Owl...

Thank you!!!

Nite Owl
Dangerous
Dangerous

Post by Nite Owl » Thu Jul 18, 2019 2:27 pm

Actually you should thank Spara, the creator of the Market Observer OXZ. He is the one who gave me the above answer when asked the same question, by me, about a year and half ago. This may be a single player game but we are all in it together.
Humor is the second most subjective thing on the planet

Brevity is the soul of wit and vulgarity is wit's downfall

Good Night and Good Luck - Read You Soon

Taka
Above Average
Above Average

Post by Taka » Fri Jul 19, 2019 6:02 am

This is why I love Oolite so much: it reminds me of my teens playing Elite in the 1980s (C64, rank: Elite), it’s single player, and it has a huge online presence. :)