We’ve got in-flight chat going down from some commanders, we get some game problems solved, we have an excellent ‘Captains Table’ section, with exotic recipes from around the eight… and sometimes it's as quiet as deep space. More importantly, it’s also a really good contact point if the forum should ever go down.
IRC Chatroom #Oolite house rules, as supplied by Phantor Gorth, the bar manager of this fine establishment:
DS's is open to all (including children and larvae).
- Old Standard Galactic (English) only.
- Be nice.
- No clones (multiple active channel connections).
- No smoking. Please go outside.
- No trumbles. (Other than on the menu.)
- Insects may not defecate anywhere they want. They must use the toilets.
- Felines must not eat the customers.
- Male Horny Lizards must behave around females (of any species). (This is a family friendly establishment.)
- Rodents must not gnaw the furniture.
- No dealing Arzaquarian Megaweed without a cut to the management.
- Slaves must be kept on a leash and clothed at all times.
- Some drinks are lethal to some species. Customers imbibe at their own risk.
- Do not ask for credit as refusal often offends. Try the Black Monks.
- Bar brawls will be stopped by opening the airlock.
- Do not drink and pilot your spaceship. You may leave your keys behind the bar.
For those new to IRC here is a helpful guide to irc netiquette (ok it is for another channel but it will give you a good idea of reasonable irc behaviour).
From The Management