[Split] Fuel Tweaks

Discussion and information relevant to creating special missions, new ships, skins etc.

Moderators: another_commander, winston

dybal
Competent
Competent

Re: [Split] Fuel Tweaks

Post by dybal »

Damocles Edge wrote:
Tue Jan 23, 2018 12:19 pm
<skip>
2. Although I keep getting fuel collector notifications of 0.1 whilst my ships fuel tank is full (7.0 ly) I never seem to get an increase in quirium fuel storage unit (I have been diligently monitoring this).
<skip>
How do you monitor the amount of fuel in the QFSU?

Damocles Edge
Deadly
Deadly

Post by Damocles Edge »

I think if memory serves I was basically not using any fuel and waiting for fuel collector to eventually (after an awful lot of flying around) produce another QFSU.
That said though I haven't used this oxp in a long time, probably not that long after the aforementioned post (which was over 2 years ago) and my memory isn't that great any more (it wasn't much kop to begin with) :lol:
O.C.T.D (Oolite Crash Test Dummy) Hmm Hmm Hmm Hmm......

phkb
Commodore
Commodore
Location: [p]laying [h]ard and [k]icking [b]utt somewhere in G7...

Post by phkb »

dybal wrote:
Tue Feb 11, 2020 7:21 pm
At the moment, there is no visual element that shows how full the QFSU is, but neither am I sure what the best approach is. I could add an entry to the manifest/mission (F5F5) page, and it would certainly be the simplest solution. An MFD is another option, but there would be a lot of wasted space to just show one value. Happy to hear suggestions, though.

dybal
Competent
Competent

Post by dybal »

phkb wrote:
Sat Feb 22, 2020 11:12 pm
dybal wrote:
Tue Feb 11, 2020 7:21 pm
At the moment, there is no visual element that shows how full the QFSU is, but neither am I sure what the best approach is. I could add an entry to the manifest/mission (F5F5) page, and it would certainly be the simplest solution. An MFD is another option, but there would be a lot of wasted space to just show one value. Happy to hear suggestions, though.
I think an entry on the manifest/mission page would be fine (there are already too many MFDs on my screen... :P)

phkb
Commodore
Commodore
Location: [p]laying [h]ard and [k]icking [b]utt somewhere in G7...

Post by phkb »

OK, v1.14.4 now has an entry on the F5F5 Manifest page, displaying the current status of the Quirium Fuel Processor. Available through the manager.